Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Power of Love

Love has had such an indescribable affect on my life.  I have been so blessed to experience unconditional love from my family, unwavering dedication and support from friends and the warmth in my heart from connecting with guys that I deeply care about.  The loss of a loved one has been one of the hardest trials I have had to go through.  I am thankful for it, though.  He accepted it with grace and gratitude as an inevitable step in life.  Luckily he is always with me, because when you really love someone, they stay with you in your heart no matter where you go.

The most important thing I have learned about love is that before all else you must love yourself.  When you love the person that you are and the wonders that surround you, you are truly able to share that love with others.  A benefit of loving yourself is humility.  Loving yourself takes clear self reflection.  You have to acknowledge yourself as you are.  Flaws and all.  When you see this you realize you are a human, and so is everyone else.  We all just want to love and be loved in return.  So go on and shine.

THREE :) songs about love to brighten your day:
Everyday - DMB
Love Is My Religion - Bob Marley
One Day - Matisyahu

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts to start my day (and every day). Now, let's get out there and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When you see this you realize you are a human, and so is everyone else. We all just want to love and be loved in return."

    Amen, sista!!! :o)

    Hey...isn't that three songs, not two? Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, how beautiful! Your love shines each time we spend time together and I am always looking for more! Learning to love yourself is not always an easy task, but once you get it, then life opens up lots of doors. Thankfully, I opened my own heart up and learned to love myself more and the reward is the wonderful, magnificent life I find myself living. You are such a blessing to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This entry made me smile (much like I do when I'm blessed by seeing you) inside and out. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on love and keep on shining.

    ReplyDelete